Adobe After Effects is a 2.5D animation software used for creating
animation, visual effects, and motion picture compositing.
It is used in the production of films, TV shows, and web videos.
This software is utilized in the post-production phase and offers hundreds
of effects to manipulate imagery, allowing for the combination of video and
image layers into the same scene.
Motion Graphics Animation
- Approach
After Effects uses a different approach to create movement.
Motion graphics animation involves manipulating vector and rasterized art
to create and tell a story.
Physical-based media, such as photographs and videography, can also be
integrated.
- Transforming Images
The process involves transforming still images (graphic elements and
photography) into moving images.
Photoshop serves as a platform for compositing layers.
All layers should be arranged and renamed appropriately for organization
and ease of animation in After Effects.
Pre-Compositing in Adobe After Effects
- Animating Layers
After Effects is a digital visual effects, motion graphics, and compositing
application.
It allows the import of various elements such as images, videos, vectors,
and more.
Layer elements must be organized and synchronized with external software
platforms like Photoshop and Illustrator.
After Effects files do not embed media but link to it.
PRACTICAL: AFTER EFFECTS EXERCISE
We will use the composition provided to complete an animation exercise
using Adobe After Effects.
1. Download the PSD composition below:
2. Import the W10_ANIMATE.psd into Adobe After Effects.
3. Create a composition setting 1080 px (Width) x 1920 px (Height),
Duration 15 second
4. Create a keyframe animation to the layers using Position (P), Scale
(S) & Masking path.
5. Render output: Quicktime (.MOV) or .MP4
6. Upload your exercise into your Youtube Channel.
7. Update your progress and video to your E-Portfolio blog.
8. Attach your E-Portfolio link on this Submission
After that, I added background music and finished the final
animation:
Final Project: Cinemagraphs - Self-tilted (still & animation)
Theme: SELF-TITLED
Self-titled is an exploration project for the students to express their
own individuality and reflect their personality into digital art
self-expression.
The main idea is to build up self-confidence and discover their
interest.
Part.1 Idea Development
1.Write a biography about yourself
INTRO
My name is FENG SHIWEN, also known as Cedar, and I am from China and am
currently studying for a Bachelor of Creative Media at Taylors
University
PARAGRAPH 1 - Do you have a dream? What is it?
My dream is to be a UI/UX designer. In addition to studying design, I can
also become a photographer and painter
PARAGRAPH 2 - What’s motivate you to achieve your dream?
Since I was a child, I have been fond of traveling with my family and
friends, and gradually developed the character of being interested in any
culture. From historical stories to future science fiction, from plants to
astronomy, from jewelry to video games... Anything interesting had a strong
attraction for me, and I began to enjoy drawing what I saw and imagined with
pen and paper. It was not until college that I finally learned my favorite
major, which encouraged me to become an excellent designer
SUMMARY - How do you want to visualize your dream into an artwork?
I want to show elements of my dream in my work
2.Write a statement about your work
INTRO - What is your job?
Through my work, I will show who I am and my interests
PARAGRAPH 1 - Please elaborate on your understanding of your job.
For this work, I wanted to make a vintage collage poster that showcases a
colorful and relaxed active style
PARAGRAPH 2 - What would you rather people find out about your work?
I want to use my colorful pictures to see my love for nature and art. I
hope this is a poster that makes people feel happy and infectious after
reading
SUMMARY
I think it's great to have dreams.Even if it's an impossible, childish
dream.Even if people embark on this path, they will face inevitable
failure, and they will not even get the results to comfort themselves.Even
so, I think the posture of the idiots working towards these seemingly
unrealistic goals, It's very dazzling.
From my favorite game-Punishing:Gray Raven
1. Study and gather all related information about your topic
MOOD BOARD (3 Poster reference)
#POSTER1
#POSTER2
#POSTER1
REFLECTION
This week we started to learn how to animate pictures with adobe after
effects, which I think is the most difficult software I have used before.
Not only were there a lot of options, but I also had problems importing and
exporting. All in all, I felt a great sense of accomplishment in completing
the task, and I learned a new piece of software
23/9/2025-Ending Week FENG SHIWEN / 0374595 Bachelor of Design in Creative Media Taylor's University TABLE OF CONTENTS INSTRUCTIONS LECTURES EXERCISE REFLECTION INSTRUCTIONS LECTURES WEEK 2 Exercise 1: Quantifiable Information – Quantify raw data and visualize information as a photograph A is a visual representation of numerical data that allows for easy interpretation and analysis. Instruction: Gather a set of objects and separate it into category such as color, shape, pattern, and other quantifiable factor. Example: 1. Box of Lego 2. Jar of button 3. Jar of marble ball 4. Set of colourful rubber strap In this exercise you're required to quantify our chosen objects and arrange them into a presentable layout or chart. ...
26/9/2025-Ending Week FENG SHIWEN / 0374595 Bachelor of Design in Creative Media Taylor's University TABLE OF CONTENTS INSTRUCTIONS LECTURES TASK 1 REFLECTION INSTRUCTIONS TASK 1 -Individual Game Ideation For Task 1 of this course, each student is required to come up with an individual game idea. I chose to design a mini-game that combines stargazing, plants, and myths from different cultures. The game is called “The Altar of Stars and Flowers.” The concept is that players observe the stars and collect plants to complete rituals at an altar, gradually unlocking myths from Chinese, Greek, Egyptian, and other cultures. Fig 1.0 Star chart The theme of this game is to...
23/9/2025-Ending Week FENG SHIWEN / 0374595 Bachelor of Design in Creative Media Taylor's University TABLE OF CONTENTS INSTRUCTIONS LECTURES TASK REFLECTION INSTRUCTIONS LECTURES WEEK 5 WEEK 6 WEEK7 WEEK9 TASK PROJECT 1 & 2: INFOGRAPHIC POSTER DESCRIPTION: After time exploring media and learning about information design, you will now develop an infographic that presents a series of different processes as visuals rather than text. REQUIREMENT: Your main intention is to analyse the “delivery mechanism’s” that affect the outcomes of your infographics. Though content is important, however the aim of this presentation is too look at what makes an infographic presentat...
Comments
Post a Comment