DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY & IMAGING - WEEK 10

NAME:  FENG SHIWEN

I.D:  0374595

COURSE: Digital Photography and Imaging

GROUP:  4






LECTURES


Introduction to After Effects

- Definition

Adobe After Effects is a 2.5D animation software used for creating animation, visual effects, and motion picture compositing.

It is used in the production of films, TV shows, and web videos.

This software is utilized in the post-production phase and offers hundreds of effects to manipulate imagery, allowing for the combination of video and image layers into the same scene.


Motion Graphics Animation

- Approach

After Effects uses a different approach to create movement.

Motion graphics animation involves manipulating vector and rasterized art to create and tell a story.

Physical-based media, such as photographs and videography, can also be integrated.


- Transforming Images

The process involves transforming still images (graphic elements and photography) into moving images.

Photoshop serves as a platform for compositing layers.

All layers should be arranged and renamed appropriately for organization and ease of animation in After Effects.

Pre-Compositing in Adobe After Effects


- Animating Layers

After Effects is a digital visual effects, motion graphics, and compositing application.

It allows the import of various elements such as images, videos, vectors, and more.

Layer elements must be organized and synchronized with external software platforms like Photoshop and Illustrator.

After Effects files do not embed media but link to it.



PRACTICAL: AFTER EFFECTS EXERCISE


We will use the composition provided to complete an animation exercise using Adobe After Effects.


1. Download the PSD composition below:

2. Import the W10_ANIMATE.psd into Adobe After Effects.

3. Create a composition setting 1080 px (Width) x 1920 px (Height), Duration 15 second

4. Create a keyframe animation to the layers using Position (P), Scale (S) & Masking path.

5. Render output: Quicktime (.MOV) or .MP4

6. Upload your exercise into your Youtube Channel.

7. Update your progress and video to your E-Portfolio blog. 

8. Attach your E-Portfolio link on this Submission




After that, I added background music and finished the final animation:








Final Project: Cinemagraphs - Self-tilted (still & animation)

Theme:  SELF-TITLED

Self-titled is an exploration project for the students to express their own individuality and reflect their personality into digital art self-expression. 

The main idea is to build up self-confidence and discover their interest. 



Part.1 Idea Development


1.Write a biography about yourself

INTRO 
My name is FENG SHIWEN, also known as Cedar, and I am from China and am currently studying for a Bachelor of Creative Media at Taylors University

PARAGRAPH 1 - Do you have a dream? What is it?
My dream is to be a UI/UX designer. In addition to studying design, I can also become a photographer and painter

PARAGRAPH 2 - What’s motivate you to achieve your dream?
Since I was a child, I have been fond of traveling with my family and friends, and gradually developed the character of being interested in any culture. From historical stories to future science fiction, from plants to astronomy, from jewelry to video games... Anything interesting had a strong attraction for me, and I began to enjoy drawing what I saw and imagined with pen and paper. It was not until college that I finally learned my favorite major, which encouraged me to become an excellent designer

SUMMARY - How do you want to visualize your dream into an artwork?
I want to show elements of my dream in my work




2.Write a statement about your work 


INTRO - What is your job?
Through my work, I will show who I am and my interests

PARAGRAPH 1 - Please elaborate on your understanding of your job.
For this work, I wanted to make a vintage collage poster that showcases a colorful and relaxed active style

PARAGRAPH 2 - What would you rather people find out about your work?
I want to use my colorful pictures to see my love for nature and art. I hope this is a poster that makes people feel happy and infectious after reading

SUMMARY
I think it's great to have dreams.Even if it's an impossible, childish dream.Even if people embark on this path, they will face inevitable failure, and they will not even get the results to comfort themselves.Even so, I think the posture of the idiots working towards these seemingly unrealistic goals, It's very dazzling.
From my favorite game-Punishing:Gray Raven







1. Study and gather all related information about your topic
MOOD BOARD (3 Poster reference)


#POSTER1


#POSTER2



#POSTER1





REFLECTION

This week we started to learn how to animate pictures with adobe after effects, which I think is the most difficult software I have used before. Not only were there a lot of options, but I also had problems importing and exporting. All in all, I felt a great sense of accomplishment in completing the task, and I learned a new piece of software





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Typography / Task1 : Exercise & Project

Typography / Task 2 : Typographic Exploration & Communication

Typography / Task 3 - Type Design and Communication (Font Design)