Information Design - PROJECT 1 & 2: INFOGRAPHIC POSTER

 

23/9/2025-Ending Week

FENG SHIWEN  /  0374595

Bachelor of Design in Creative Media  

Taylor's University




TABLE OF CONTENTS


INSTRUCTIONS

LECTURES

TASK

REFLECTION



INSTRUCTIONS




LECTURES

WEEK 5

WEEK 6

WEEK7

WEEK9





TASK
PROJECT 1 & 2: INFOGRAPHIC POSTER


DESCRIPTION: 
After time exploring media and learning about information design, you will now develop an infographic that presents a series of different processes as visuals rather than text.

REQUIREMENT:
Your main intention is to analyse the “delivery mechanism’s” that affect the outcomes of your infographics. Though content is important, however the aim of this presentation is too look at what makes an infographic presentation work or does not work. This includes content but only as one of the many components of an infographic.

PART 1: Infographic poster (20%)           
INSTRUCTION:
1. Choose 1 infographic poster design (that is not well design) from Internet
2. Redesign the poster into A4 size. Sketch the idea and process (5 Marks)
3. Redesign and simplify the poster based on visual hierarchy & typography (5 Marks)
4. Simplify the poster's design based on color, shape & pattern (5 Marks)
5. Attach your final poster on E-Portfolio with explanation and reflective writing (5 Marks)

PART 2: Minimal animated infographic (20%)
INSTRUCTION:
1. Animate your infographic poster into one static loop animation page
2. Loop duration in between 15 - 30 second
3. Size: 1080 x 1920 px (Vertical Video) upload to your own Youtube channel




PART 1

I found a poster about matcha on Pinterest. I think there are still some areas that need improvement in it:

1. Background color 
The background is too heavy and takes away the viewer's attention.
Although the main color is matcha green, it makes the visual appearance dirty and depressing.

2. Too many fonts + Disordered layout 
Inconsistent font sizes. 
Various thicknesses and alignment methods are not uniform. 
There is no obvious space between the information blocks. 
Readers don't know where to start reading (lacking a reading path)

3. Too much decoration (leaves, dot textures, swirling lines...) 
These decorations have made the page too crowded, which can easily interfere with normal reading.

4. Information Overload
The entire picture contains too much content, and upon a cursory glance, there is no clear focus: history/ antioxidants/ catechin percentages/ vitamin A/ endurance/ mental focus/ cognitive/ chart/ nutrition/ brewing comparison


My redesign objective:
1.MATCHA — Key Benefits

2.Group and reduce the three major information blocks: 
    Health Benefits, Body Performance, Simple Comparison

3.Visual style
   Combine two main colors (dark green + light green)
   Use a consistent icon style (line-based or filled)
   Maintain more white space
   Simplify the charts, retaining only the core information



Sketch: 
I want to keep the general layout of the graphic roughly the same as before, then adjust, categorize and simplify the information on both sides, and appropriately remove a few green bubbles to maintain the blank space effect of the picture.





After receiving feedback in class, the teacher suggested that I make the titles of each section more prominent and add a sense of surrounding effect. Therefore, I made some modifications to the first layout.



Final poster: 





PART 2

Regarding the animation effect of this poster, I want to incorporate the green theme of matcha and the process of plant growth to convey a sense of health and vitality. Therefore, I plan to give the middle sticker part a glowing growth effect.

Poster animation:






REFLECTION

Experiences
These past few weeks, instead of guessing what might look right, I found myself following a more organized process. Our small group tasks were also a nice change of pace. We had to combine different ideas into one coherent style, and even though it took a bit of back and forth, it was fun seeing how everyone approaches the same problem in a different way.


Observations
I noticed that infographic design is really about guiding people through information in a comfortable way. It is not about adding more elements but about making the message easier to read. I also became more aware of how small adjustments can change the entire flow of a layout. Things like alignment, spacing, grouping, and contrast used to feel like background details, but now I catch myself paying a lot more attention to them. I also started seeing patterns in the examples we looked at. Some designs look simple at first, yet they communicate very clearly. Others look complex but feel easy to follow because the visual structure is solid.


Findings
One thing I learned is that a clear structure makes everything else easier. When I think through the information before jumping into visuals, the whole design process becomes smoother. It saves time and reduces the number of times I need to rearrange things. I also realized how important this is during group work. When the layout logic is clear, it becomes easier to explain ideas to others and adjust the design together.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Information Design - EXERCISE 1&2 : QUANTIFIABLE INFORMATION

Games Development - Task 1