Advanced Interactive Design - Final Project

21/4/2025-Ending Week

FENG SHIWEN  /  0374595

Bachelor of Design in Creative Media   / Advanced Interactive  Design

Taylor's University




INSTRUTIONS



FINAL PROJECT

Completed Thematic Interactive Website

Students will synthesise the knowledge gained in tasks 1 and 2 for application in task 3. Students will create integrated visual assets and refine the prototype into a complete working and functional product experience, a minimum of 5 working pages.Deploy the final website to Netlify or GitHub. 


Review of the production process

For this project, I used Adobe Animate to create the animation. I initially ran into an issue where the exported HTML showed a black screen, but after checking the file paths, organizing the folder structure, and uploading everything to Netlify, it was successfully resolved.


Here are a few key screenshots from the process:

  • Working inside Adobe Animate


  • Exported file structure 


  • Final result uploaded on Netlify




  • View the final effect and the original file through the following link:

Netlify Link: 

Preview video:
( If there are any issues with the website link, please check the backup preview video )

Google Drive Download: 
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1dBoR_3ObiCsMhK7rB9wUd0AUZiuudacd?usp=drive_link




REFLECTION

Experiences

Throughout this semester’s exploration of Adobe Animate, I have gained a solid understanding of key animation techniques. These include frame-by-frame animation, motion guides, interactive buttons, and using ActionScript code to control playback. These skills enabled me to complete an interactive animation website on my own. In the beginning, I made several mistakes. For example, I forgot to add a hit frame to some buttons, which made it difficult to click on certain PNG icons accurately. I also overlooked converting text to shapes when using shape tweens. However, these mistakes became valuable learning moments. They taught me the importance of precision and careful preparation in the animation process. Thanks to those early lessons, I was able to complete my final project more smoothly.


Observations

While working with Animate, I began to notice that even small technical issues can affect the outcome of an animation. Missing a keyframe or layering elements incorrectly can lead to unexpected results. These details are easy to overlook but require close attention. I also realized how important it is to plan interactivity in advance, especially when working with buttons and code-based triggers. This experience showed me that animation is not just about creativity. It also involves structured thinking and attention to technical aspects.


Findings

One important takeaway from this project is that patience and attention to detail are essential in interactive design. I have come to understand that regular practice is the most effective way to build confidence with tools like Adobe Animate. I am also truly grateful for the support I received from my lecturer and classmates. When I encountered problems I couldn’t solve on my own, their guidance helped me move forward. Their encouragement motivated me to keep learning and trying new things. Moving forward, I plan to continue developing my animation and interaction design skills with greater focus and consistency. 😄



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Information Design - EXERCISE 1&2 : QUANTIFIABLE INFORMATION

Games Development - Task 1

Information Design - PROJECT 1 & 2: INFOGRAPHIC POSTER